A bush fire is burning north of Ebor and to the north west of Dorrigo. The fire is currently more than 66,500 hectares and is out of control.
An emergency warning is in place for the Bees Nest bush fire, due to the fire breaching containment lines.
The fire is burning towards homes and properties in the Billys Creek area, on the northern side of the fire.
Firefighters and aircraft are working to protect homes in the area.
Strong winds are currently affecting the area. This will continue to push the fire in a north easterly direction.
If you are in the area of Billys Creek, seek shelter as the fire front arrives. Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
If you are in the areas of Tyringham, Marengo, Moonpar, Dundarrabin or Bostobrick, follow your bush fire survival plan into action. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
Residents in the area should continue to monitor to situation.
Fire and fallen trees may continue to impact a number of local roads. Follow the directions of firefighters.
Landholders should not use fire or conduct their own backburns. This puts you and firefighters in danger.
If you live in the area but are away from your home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- An evacuation centre at Dorrigo Showground, 4180 Waterfall Way, Dorrigo is open today from 8am to 8pm.
- Smoke from this fire may be affecting the areas of Dorrigo and Coffs Harbour.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.
The next update on this fire will be issued 4pm today or if the situation changes.
For the latest information check the NSW Rural Fire Service website and refer to the Fires Near Me app.