Applications now open for the NSW Aboriginal Nursing & Midwifery Cadetship Program.
The program provides support and assistance to Aboriginal people studying an undergraduate nursing or midwifery degree at university.
- study allowance of $600 per fortnight whilst undertaking study for 40 weeks
- $500 per semester support allowance
- 12 weeks paid employment in a local public hospital or Justice Health facility
- support from an Aboriginal mentor, cadet coordinator and additional clinical support.
- ongoing employment upon successful completion of your studies and the program.ongoing employment upon successful completion of your studies and the program.
Applicants must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, who is currently studying or about to study an undergraduate nursing or midwifery degree at university and a resident of NSW (or within 5km of the NSW border).
Closing date is Friday, January 25.