Because of her, we can! is the theme for the 2018 National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander NAIDOC Celebrations from July 8-15.
The Bellingen Shire community is invited to acknowledge and celebrate NAIDOC week at the following events:
• An Aboriginal Flag raising ceremony and morning tea at 9.45am on Thursday July 12 in Maam Gaduying Park.
• A display of Indigenous resources will be available at each library including children’s and adult story books, books by aboriginal authors, as well as cultural and history books.
• Indigenous themed school holiday activities for children including dreamtime animals made from yarn, indigenous themed painting of hand and feet boards
- Urunga Library: 11.00am Wednesday July 11
- Dorrigo Library: 10.30am Thursday July 12
- Bellingen Library: A range of indigenous themed activities throughout the week
The theme of Because of her, we can! celebrates the invaluable contributions that Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women have made and continue to make to our communities, our families, our rich history, and to our nation.
For further information contact Alison Pattinson, Council’s Manager Community & Wellbeing on 66557300.