Monday 8am: Bellingen waterways are easing.
1pm: And it’s open again. Take care out there though – and keep an eye on the weather.
Noon: And now the firies are doing their thing cleaning up after the deluge. It's dropping very, very quickly. Lavenders Bridge near fully exposed.
Noon: Council clearing the bridge now.
Sunday 9.45am: The river's dropped a fair bit as is evidenced by Lavenders Bridge
How it looks up and down the Mid North Coast
SUNDAY 8am: Road and Bridge closures in the Bellinger Valley.
- Bowraville Road closed south of Malibells Country Cottages. No vehicle access to Bowraville.
- Coramba Road – Wild Cattle Creek bridge closed due to flooding.
- Deer Vale Loop Road closed due to flooding.
- Tyringham Road – Little Murray Bridge is closed due to flooding
MID NORTH COAST
Up to 80 millimetres of rain was recorded during the past six hours to 4:30am Sunday over the Hastings River valley.
Moderate flooding occurred along the Hastings River at Kindee Bridge.
Minor flooding occurred along the Hastings River at Wauchope.
The Gloucester River at Gloucester is likely to reached the minor flood level (4.30m) Sunday. A livestock warning has been issued by the SES for low-lying areas.
The highest rainfall readings over the last 24 hours include:
- 423mm at Dorrigo (Old Coramba Road)
- 308mm at Bellingen (Crystal Creek)
- 213mm at Mooral Creek (the Den)
- 227mm at Yarras (Mount Seaview)
- 174mm at Woolgoolga
The Pacific Highway reopened to traffic in both directions between Ballina and Grafton after flooding.
The highway had been closed until the road was deemed safe for travel through New Italy.
Coast: Dangerous conditions are expected to continue with 4-5m swell predicted along the Mid North Coast.